What is PLASTIC?
Plastic, carbon (C), hydrogen (H), oxygen (O), nitrogen (N) and the other is called the monomer formed with organic or inorganic elements, a simple molecular structure severing the link groups of the polymer into a structure called a long-chain and derived from the name given to the materials.
As can be understood from the definition are not available in nature, plastic nature of the elements is obtained by by human intervention. To obtain a certain temperature and under pressure using a catalyst by reacting monomers will be. At its launch, plastic powder, resin, or may be granular. In general, as a result of the processing of crude oil used in petroleum refineries plastics material remaining is obtained. According to the studies only 4% of the earth is a part of the oil used for plastic production.
Common Types of Plastic:
* PE (polyethylene) (PE): There is a wide field.
* PP (polypropylene) (PP): Commonly used plastics. Automotive supply industry, garden furniture and so on. Where used.
* Polystyrene (Polystyrene) (PS): Packaging, electronics and white goods plastic parts and so on. There are areas of use.
* Polyethylene terephthalate (polyethylene terephthalate) (PETE): The name of this material is PET bottle.
* Polyamide (Polyamide) (PA) (Nylon): Fiber, toothbrush bristles, fishing line and so on. There are areas of use.
* Polyester (Polyester) is widely used in textiles.
* Polyvinyl chloride (Polyvinyl chloride) (PVC) pipe, profile and so on. used in manufacturing.
* Polycarbonate (Polycarbonate) (PC): CD, glasses and so on. production and self-extinguishing feature kullanılır.Alevi convey.
* Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) (ABS) plastic workings are widely used in electronic devices.
* Polyvinylidene chloride (Polyvinylidene chloride) (PVDC) (Saran) used in food packaging.
Special Purpose Plastics:
* Polytetrafluoroethylene (Polytetrafluoroethylene) (PTFE) (Teflon): Heat resistance, baking pans and so on. Where used.
* PU (Polyurethane) foam used as insulation.
* Bakelite (Bakelite)
* Polylactic acid (Polylactic acid)
The commercial production industry with artificial nitroselüloz'un (1868) being considered. This means that nearly 130 years ago. Following nitro cellulose, synthetic plastic, which is a historical process of phenol-formaldehyde-based polymers developed in the second. After this date, if their production was about 40 years. This and subsequent other plastic materials and raw materials, which is the basic building blocks of polymers, 19 some trial and at the end of the second half of the century, and many studies have emerged by chance.
Is an important step in the development of plastic, these materials are glass, graphite and carbon fiber reinforced plastics, with stirring is obtained. The mechanical properties of materials, metals, plastics, metals, competing in many application areas, and is reaching the level.